Thursday, April 22, 2010

Genizah Update #17: National Press Coverage

LISTEN TO “PRI’S THE WORLD,” FRIDAY, APRIL 23

Hello Everyone,

Just a short note to let you know my Genizah project is about to hit the national airwaves. A reporter from “PRI’s The World” will be interviewing me on Thursday, and I am told that they plan to broadcast the story on Friday.

As you may know, “PRI’s The World” is a nationally syndicated public radio program, airing on more than 300 radio stations across the United States and Canada. It’s on at different times in different cities, but here are a few that might be of interest to subscribers of this list:

City

Station

Call #

Time

Seattle

KUOW

94.9 FM

1340 AM

3:00 PM

New York

WNYC - AM

820 AM

12:00 PM

Los Angeles

KPCC

KCRW

89.3 FM

89.9 FM

12:00 PM

1:00 PM

Chicago

WBEZ

91.5 FM

7:00 PM

San Francisco

KQED

88.5 FM

2:00 PM

Cambridge, Kabul, Cairo and Jerusalem,

XM Satellite

XMPR-133

6:00 PM Eastern

If you live elsewhere, you can find out when and where to hear the story at http://www.theworld.org/stations/. More general information about the show is available at their homepage, http://www.theworld.org/. I believe that the story will be available there after it airs.

The reporter who will be interviewing me is a woman named Jeb Sharp. Unfortunately, I don’t know when during the hour the segment will run, but if I find out I will let you know.

Now, back to editing and the hunt for elusive reprint permissions.

Thanks, and best wishes to you all,

Rabbi Mark Glickman

No comments:

Post a Comment