Saturday, April 24, 2010

April 24, 2010

Hi Everybody,

Just a few quick notes tonight:

• PRI’S THE WORLD

For those of you who missed it, here is the link to the Friday interview that ran on PRI’s The World. The posted some pictures and links, too:

http://www.theworld.org/2010/04/23/cairos-jewish-medieval-manuscripts/

• BOOK COVER AND CATALOGUE PAGE

Attached is a copy of the page describing my that will be in an upcoming catalogue of Jewish Lights Publishing. I’m also told that they will feature it on the catalogue’s cover

• BLOG

As I mentioned in a previous email, I am also posting these updates on a blog – www.expeditiongenizah.blogspot.com. Feel free to visit and post at will. Also, if anyone has time to help me snazzy it up, please let me know.

• BOOK STATUS

Also as I mentioned before, I have completed my first draft, and I’m now in the editing process – a labor-intensive task with which the demands of daily life are not cooperating. One of my challenges is that I’ve been working on this project for a few years now, and in that time, “Genizah-land” has changed. New research has shown some of what I originally wrote to be incorrect and/or incomplete. This is a dynamic field and an ever-developing story. That makes it exciting, and it also makes writing a book about it feel like I’m herding Genizah-cats!

• GIVE IT UP FOR THE GENIZAH
Please remember that the caretakers of the Genizah documents are in desperate need of support. With your help, we can play an important role in making sure these documents are available for posterity. Donations are eagerly sought; T-shirts are still available for only $20.


Thank you for your ongoing interest and enthusiasm.

Shalom,

Rabbi Mark Glickman

No comments:

Post a Comment