Monday, November 21, 2011

Genizah Update #31: Podcast, etc.

Genizah Update #31

Podcast, Etc.

Hello Everyone,

A few quick updates at what, for many of us, is becoming an increasingly busy time of year.

PODCAST
I recently taped an hour-long podcast on my book with Professor Tony Gill, of the Research on Religion podcast. It’s available at: http://www.researchonreligion.org/uncategorized/mark-glickman-on-the-cairo-genizah, or on iTunes. Enjoy!

SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
By my count, I have now given presentations on the Cairo Genizah in 11 states throughout the country. In just the past few weeks, I’ve spoken at:

• Mt. Zion Temple (St. Paul, MN)
• The University of Minnesota Hillel (Minneapolis)
• Bet Shalom Congregation (Minnetonka, MN)
• The San Diego Jewish Book Fair
• Seacrest Village (Encinitas, CA)
• Beth Israel Congregation (Houston, TX)

In the coming months, I’m scheduled to appear at congregations in Springfield MA, Worcester MA, and at a class on the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Cairo Genizah being taught at Central Washington University (Ellensburg). If you know of any groups interested in having me speak, please feel free to have them contact me at this email address or at my cell phone (425-531-0536).

A WONDERFUL GIFT IDEA
Holiday time is coming, and, as you know, there’s no gift quite like the gift of Genizah. You can order books – print or audio – at the links below, or if you’d like a signed copy of the print-edition, I’d be glad to send you a copy:

$24.99 Book
$3.50 Shipping
$2.15 Tax (WA Only)

Send check, payable to me, to:

15030 232nd Ave. NE
Woodinville, WA, 98077

That’s all for now. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and a wonderful December,

Shalom…..

Rabbi Mark Glickman


_____________________________________________________________
Have you seen my new book? “Sacred Treasure--The Cairo Genizah: The Amazing Discoveries of Forgotten Jewish History in an Egyptian Synagogue Attic” (Jewish Lights Publishing) http://www.jewishlights.com/page/product/978-1-58023-431-3 (Print)
http://bit.ly/SacredTreasureAudio (Audio)
Rabbi Mark Glickman – 425-531-0536 (Cell)

No comments:

Post a Comment